This page features all the articles, essays, and
interviews I can find about Roald Dahl, his family, and his work. If
you've written something you'd like to share, send
it to me and I'll post it. Thanks!
- Book and Magazine Collector (January 1989)
- Magazine with article and appraisal information on "The Children's Books of Roald Dahl"
- Book and Magazine Collector (April 1994)
- Magazine with article and appraisal information on "The Adult Fiction of Roald Dahl"
- "Boy Going Solo"
- Essay submitted by Caryn Liles
- Topic: the links between Dahl's life and what he wrote about
- "Charlie and the Political-Correctness Factory"
- Essay submitted by Cassandra Pierce
- Topic: the way criticism of the book was reflected in its revisions and in the movie screenplay
- "The Chocolate Revolution"
- Article from September 7, 1997 issue of Sunday Magazine
- Topic: Roald Dahl gives a lesson on the history of chocolate and the inventions that changed the world
- "Dealing with Olivia's Death"
- Article from March 31, 1997 issue of People Magazine
- Topic: Olivia Dahl's death and its impact on the family
- "MEASLES: A Dangerous Illness"
- Letter written by Roald Dahl in 1986 for The Encephalitis Society Fact Sheet
- Topic: Olivia Dahl's death from measles encephalitis and why it's critical for parents to immunise their children
- "My Hero"
- "Once upon a time, childhood was made of magic..."
- Article from April 23, 2000 edition of The Sunday Times
- Topic: Tessa Dahl, in a letter to her dead father Roald, bemoans a world where nothing is left to the imagination
- "Peaches N' Dreams: Henry Selick's James and the Giant Peach"
- Article written by Wendy Jackson, Sales Representative for Animation World Network
- Topic: The making of Henry Selick's film "James and the Giant Peach"
- The Pied Pipers: Interviews with the influential creators of children's literature
- Book written by Justin Wintle and Emma Fisher
- Features interview with Roald Dahl
- "Roald Dahl and the Children's Gallery"
- Article written by David Erskin, museum curator
- Topic: The Children's Gallery in Aylesbury
- "Roald Dahl and the Creative Process: Writing from Experience"
- Essay submitted by Julia Round
- Topic: Dahl, creativity, autobiography, and writing
- Note: Includes a great bibliography with lots of sources!
- "Roald Dahl and Sociology 101"
- Essay from The Alan Review
- Topic: How three of Dahl's works exhibit his world view
- "Roald Dahl, Writer, 74, Is Dead..."
- Obituary from November 24, 1990 edition of The New York Times
- "The Search For R.D. Mascott"
- Article from Cinescape Online
- Topic: How Nick Kincaid tracked down the mystery author of James Bond Junior - 003 1/2, believed at one time to have been Roald Dahl
- "They Won't Grow Up"
- Article from November 12, 1995 edition of The New York Times
- Topic: Dahl, Ted Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss), Laura Ingalls Wilder, and their biographies
- The Twilight
Zone Magazine (February 1983)
- "Visiting Royal Bedrooms"
- Article from July 16, 1982 edition of The New York Times
- Topic: an actual breakin at Buckingham Palace that mimicked The BFG
- "Yes, Roald Dahl Rules..."
- Article from ETHOS Magazine
- Discusses "Top 100 Books of the Century List" and Dahl in particular
Created and maintained by Kristine Howard with assistance from Michael Mander